If you want to grab your visitors’ attention, using interesting and fun photos is the way to do it! Here are great USA sources where you can find free digital photos!
Did you know that photos can convert visitors into loyal customers and give them a reason to come back again? If you want to grab your visitors’ attention, using interesting and fun photos is the way to do it. It has been confirmed that aesthetic visual content is boosting the sales wheels and the faster you realize this, the better for you.
We all know that photos express a thousand words and it tells your audience precisely you want to tell them, but in a more interesting way. One research has been confirmed that photos increase CTA or click through rate, trust, conversion rate, and website traffic.
We can conclude that photos are really important and the question you all want to ask is – where you do find free high-quality digital photos that can be used for your website, for blog posts or for social media content?
Almost all niche suited and quality photos are projected by copyright ad nearly every photo created in the last couple of years is protected by copyright which is a protection that gives digitally every creator the right to use or reproduce the work. Don’t panic as you can still find a public domain photo or use a Creative Commons photo that might require an attribution but you are free to use for any purpose you need. Also, you can always create a photo from scratch.
In this article, we are going to present you the most popular sources in USA where you can find great and free digital photos to use for a personal or commercial purpose:
- Unsplash – This website can offer you fantastic, free, and high-quality stock photos that are contributed by talented and creative people. The photos are super easy to download, no status, no tweet, and no email subscription is required. All you have to do is visit the website, find a photo you like, and click – download.
- Jaymantri – This is a great source of high-resolution and royalty-free photos. Every week that photos are updated and the best part is that no sign up or registration are required.
- HiveStock – This is a very content-rich website where you can find thousands of photos to download for both commercial and personal use.
- Lockand Stock Photos – This website provides a lovely selection of photos. They have a great “tag” system that helps you view the photos related to what you are searching for.
- Freerange Stock – This site offers great high-quality photos which are available for commercial and non-commercial usage. Nothing is required to download the photo you like.
- Free Photos Bank – This site comes with a huge collection of high-resolution free photos that can meet the needs of extensive niches. All photos are easy to download.
- ImageFree – This source provides free and paid photos that can be used in personal, commercial, and educational projects.
- Dreamstime – This is an amazing source of stock photos, videos, and much more. They offer both free and premium photos.
- SplitShire – This source offers amazing, delicious, free stock photos for commercial and personal use.
- Photo Everywhere – This website can offer you thousands of free digital photos. This is the perfect source if you are looking for travel photos.
- Imagebase – This is a collection of photos that can be used for commercial, personal or creative purposes.
- Kave Wall – If you are looking for the most creative graphic designs, wallpapers, and photos for websites, blogs, and social media – this is the ideal place for you.
If you know some other sources that we missed out, comment below!
If you plan to use free images on your website we recommend the following article.
How to Use Free Digital Photos in Your Designs: 5 Tips to Follow
Stock photography or free digital photos are a designer’s best friend! Follow these 5 tips and learn how to make the most of stock photos!
There are some people, businesses, and organizations that are against of using stock photos in a design project. Regardless of the importance of the project, using stock photos can definitely simplify your work as a designer and help you save time, money, and energy. Of course, you need to be selective and use only high-quality, high-resolution, and appropriate free digital photos.
If you agree with us, you probably know that there are lots of websites out there that offer great stock photos which can be used for both personal and commercial purposes. However, if you want to make the most out of the stock photos, you need to use reliable and secure websites only. You surely don’t want to use a photo and later on be involved in some legal issues. It is very important to check the photo’s license and be absolutely sure you can use the photo without falling into troubles.
In this article, we are going to present you 5 great tips that will help you choose the best free digital photos to use in your designs. Let’s start:
- Explore libraries by using their powerful search tools – Believe it or not, stock photo libraries can save you a significant amount of time compared to setting up your own image shot, designing a new set of icons, crafting your own illustration, and creating something from scratch. If it takes a long time for you to find the right photo, the chances are you are doing something wrong. The best stock photography websites have modern search engines that help you search for the photos you need. You can easily explore the libraries by taking advantage of the search tool. Keywords are definitely the best way to find the photo you are looking for.
- Search within Sketch and Photoshop – If you were looking for a photo to use in your design work, you would have to exit the software you are currently using, open up a new window and search for stock photography websites. Yes, it is not the first world problem, however, we must admit that it annoys a little bit. Luckily, the stock photography websites and design software solution providers have been cooperating to save you from having to do all those extra clicks. There are some great free tools, plugins, and apps that can help you search form and download photos directly within Photoshop or Sketch.
- Find an inspiration – Another way to take advantage of free digital photos without paying is to use them as your visual inspiration. The stock photography websites are filled with incredible photos, videos, illustrations, vectors, and other graphical elements such as textures, icons, patterns, and much more.
- Make your photos and typography work together – As we said, there are some designers who are still skeptic about stock photos. However, as with everything else, getting the most out of these photos is about finding the right visuals and including them carefully into your design. By doing so, they will work creatively and harmoniously with the other design elements.
- Test the photos – You need to make sure the photos are resonating with your target group. By testing the photos, you will see how your people react to these photos and decide whether or not it is a smart idea to use the photos.
Keep these 5 tips in mind when going through the stock photography websites and pick the best free digital photos for your designs!