Everybody loves free stock photos and some of the best and coolest free photos are on Pixabay and Unsplash. You can also check Pixabay and Flickr. As you probably know, you can’t just use any photo you like. You need to make sure the photo is free and will not cause any problems.
A lot of people would like to know – Is it safe to use online photography to build websites or blogs? Is it smart to use photos from Unsplash or Pixabay?
First of all, you should know that free doesn’t always mean free, especially when it comes to online photos. You should always check the price tag, check who pays for the photo, and etc. The risk is that you could end up in serious troubles for using photos you downloaded from a certain site offering them as free images. You might not even know that you have violated the rights of a Trademark or Copyright owner. So, our advice to you is before you jump and download a certain photo, learn the rules of the game and know when it is safe to use the photo.
Second of all, online photos can be used for different purposes. It is not recommended to talk about free images without specifying or mentioning the uses cases. The way you plan to use photos falls within two main cases – editorial or commercial uses. Editorial photos usually include trademarks, people, and brands and they don’t need model or property releases. If you want to use a certain photo for commercial purposes, you must ask for a permission.
The stock photography websites are great places to find high-quality images and free photos that you can reuse, edit and share on your website, blog, social media profile, and etc. However, if you want to stay safe and avoid getting sued, you need to know and be familiar with the rules of the game.
Learn the terms, understand what they mean, and then you will know which photos are free for you to use, and remember, if you are not sure you can always get a legal advice or you can simply find another photo.
Creative Alternatives to Stock Images (Free Images for Websites)
Finally, you can make your website stand out! Here are 5 creative alternatives to stock images (free images for websites) to keep in mind!
If you want to spice up your blog, social media or website graphics, you have come to the right place!
We all know that quality photography and graphics can help the websites stand out. Also, they can help you build a powerful online brand and take a blog design to the next level. In other words, visuals can make a huge impact and you need to take advantage of it. However, the truth is that we don’t always have the resources of the time to take our own photos and this is the point where stock images come in. While there are lots of great resources out there for high-quality and modern stock images, we always want to go a step further and get more creative common images with our online brand identity.
Here are 5 creative alternatives to stock images to keep in mind:
- Icons – This is probably on the of the favorite design elements out there as it can easily break the content and give your visitors a quick visual cue as what your brand or business is all about. There are lots of icon styles out there.
- Item Toolkits – Using toolkits is just an easy way to create amazing and unique graphics. You can combine them with your stock photos, your own photos or documents you have just created.
- Typography & Lettering – Just another creative way to discover and create amazing graphics is to use hand lettering or typography elements in graphics. You will be surprised at the result and how creative you can be actually.
- Patterns – The patterns can be used as backgrounds or they can be incorporated into the end design in different ways. If you want, you can easily create patterns with icons, illustrations, and elements of your logo. It is simple and fun!
- Illustrations – Believe it or not, illustrations can inject personality into your online business or brand. Even though they are not as simple to create as other designs, they can certainly help you take your brand identity to the next level.
So, are you ready for a refined and modern website to reach your success? Consider these 5 creative alternatives to stock images or free images for websites and make it happen! Read more about the top online platforms to download amazing images.
If you are someone that has a personal or professional website or any kind of blog the one thing that you have to be aware
Are you looking for a way to take your website or blog on another level? The best and easiest way to do that is to
If you are a blogger, journalist or if you write any other type of content, than you have most likely found yourself going online and